Ondot Systems has introduced an end-to-end digital card services platform for card issuers to create seamless user journeys.
The platform is set to drive customer acquisition, instant digital issuance and secure wallet payments.
Built upon a micro-services architecture, it allows banks to design their card digitisation strategy and roadmap in stages or all in one go.
“In a digital-first world where payments are becoming invisible and consumers expect instant gratification, card issuers must attract, acquire and empower consumers with personalised digital experiences,” said Sung-Wook Han, chief technology officer at Ondot (pictured above).
“Ondot provides a comprehensive set of services around the ‘digitised card’, integrating into existing mobile apps, card management systems and authorisation platforms.”
Upon approval, cardholders can complete the onboarding journey with instant digital card issuance and in-app push provisioning into digital wallets.
When existing customers invite a friend, the new prospect can apply, be approved, onboarded and start using digitised cards for online purchases or tap and pay at stores, all in a few minutes.
The solution can be implemented across multiple channels, fully integrated through APIs/SDKs into existing mobile banking apps.
It can also utilise Ondot’s white label mobile app with custom branding in companion mode.
The platform supports credit, debit and pre-paid cards; Visa, Mastercard and closed loop private label cards.
Digital acquisition and provisioning
• card issuers can attract consumers through digital marketing and social media campaigns via one tap and a bot-assisted card application flow
• digital Know Your Customer validation is embedded into the customer acquisition flow, leveraging the smartphone’s camera to provide two-step digital identity verification
• card issuers can create cards digitally for online transactions and in-app provisioning into wallets such as Apple Pay and Android Pay.
Secure online and digital payments
• Virtual Card Numbers (VCN) provide safe and secure transactions with online merchants – both card-on-file and ad hoc transactions – by masking the true card number
• Dynamic Card Verification Value (CVV2) randomises the three-digit security code synchronously between the app and back-end server to provide an extra layer of security for card-not-present transactions
• VCN life cycle management spans issuance, renewal, replenishment, preference management, controls, reissuance and deletion.
• cardholders can create digital cards linked to their primary card account and set controls by specified time window, spend amount, location, merchant and device.
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE MORE NEWS LIKE THIS STORY
Coutts partners with Mortgage Brain to offer products to intermediaries
Private bank Coutts has partnered with Mortgage Brain to make its products available – via the latter’s platforms – to UK intermediaries...
Charter Savings Bank launches two new accounts
Charter Savings Bank has introduced two new accounts: a 95-day notice account and a three-year fixed rate cash Isa...
FP Show reveals its largest and most diverse conference programme
The Finance Professional Show has confirmed its largest conference programme to date, hosting a selection of varied sessions throughout the event next month...
47% of SMEs prepared to move away from traditional banks
Almost half of SMEs in the UK (47%) would move to a challenger/digital bank or non-banking brand if they decided to switch, according to the latest research by Unisys Corporation...
Monese launches business account
Monese has launched a business account in the UK which will be bundled with its personal banking account...
Metro Bank provides £14m facility to support London office acquisition
Metro Bank has provided Kingsway Properties London with a £14m investment facility to support the acquisition of a five-storey office building in central London...
Tandem introduces new credit card blocking feature
Tandem has created a new card-blocking feature for its banking app which allows customers to react instantly to a misplaced card...
Trinity College Dublin secures €100m EIB facility
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has provided a €100m long-term loan to Trinity College Dublin for four capital developments across the campus...
Arbuthnot Banking Group completes testing phase of direct deposits business
Arbuthnot Banking Group has announced that the internal pilot offering of its direct deposits business will commence soon...
Anna to launch business current account for creative UK SMEs
Hybrid digital assistant Anna has announced plans to launch a UK business current account aimed exclusively at supporting SMEs in the creative industries...
Masthaven reaches £500m in assets
Masthaven has announced that it has generated £500m in assets driven by the growth in its diversified lending across short-term and long-term property finance...