Digital challenger bank Tandem has launched three fixed saver accounts that allow customers to grow their savings over one, two or three years.
Customers will be able to earn up to 2.30% fixed interest paid annually on a three-year account with one initial deposit.
Highlights of these accounts include:
One-year fixed save
- during the first year customers can earn 1.80% interest, which will be paid into their linked current account on the anniversary of the date the first payment was made
- the customer must open the account with over £1,000, and could earn a minimum of £18 in interest after 12 months.
Two-year fixed saver
- after two years customers can earn 2.10% interest, which will be paid into the linked current account on the anniversary of the date the first payment was made
- the initial deposit must be over £1,000, and could earn a minimum of £42 in interest after 24 months.
Three-year fixed save
- after three years customers can earn 2.30% interest, which will be paid into the linked current account on the anniversary of the date the first payment was made
- based on a £1,000 deposit, customers can earn £69 in interest after 36 months.
Customers cannot withdraw any money from a fixed saver account until the end of the product term.
David Goodwin, product manager at Tandem, said: “We’re shaping a suite of products that serve as solutions to real problems that people struggle with every day.
“Tandem is a bank that helps customers better manage their money, and these savings accounts are a way for people to see guaranteed returns on their cash.”
Ricky Knox, CEO at Tandem (pictured above), added: “It’s been a long wait for us and we’re excited to finally share these accounts with the public.
“We’ve got big ambitions for 2018 and are off to a fantastic start.”
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE MORE NEWS LIKE THIS STORY
U Account introduces cash pay-in option
U Account has launched a cash pay-in option for its 50,000 current account customers.
Aldermore provides £6.27m loan for south London development
Acre Invest has agreed a £6.27m funding package with Aldermore to build a large commercial unit and 18 apartments in Sydenham, south London.
Metro Bank to launch AI-powered money management service
Metro Bank has announced the upcoming release of Insights, a new artificial intelligence-powered money management service.
Over 500,000 complaints made about current accounts
The FCA has revealed that 509,047 complaints were made to financial services firms about current accounts during the second half of 2017.
A guide to ethical banking
Some 56% of workers with a pension are interested in investing in community projects, according to recent research.
Countingup partners with PrePay Solutions
PrePay Solutions (PPS) has joined forces with challenger bank Countingup to provide business accounting and banking together in one place.
TSB and Enterprise Nation offer SMEs digital MOT test
TSB’s small business customers have the opportunity to undertake a newly created digital MOT test as they join the Enterprise Nation community.
Revolut introduces spare change savings feature
Revolut has become the latest mobile banking platform to add a spare change savings feature to its current account.
GDPR compliance highlighted at first FIBA roadshow
The Financial Intermediary & Broker Association (FIBA) held its first regional roadshow last Thursday (12th April) in north London.
Moneyhub integrates with Monzo and Starling
Moneyhub has integrated with Monzo and Starling’s APIs to provide customers of the digital banks with a comprehensive overview of all their financial assets.