British Business Bank
- CEO: Kieth Morgan
- COO: Patrick Magee
- CFO: Christopher Fox
- Managing director, policy and communications: Graeme Fisher
- Managing director, wholesale: Reinald de Monchy
- Managing director, risk and compliance: Mark Gray
- Managing director, lending solutions: Judith Hartley
- Managing director, strategy economics and business development: Alice Hu-Wagner
- Managing director, venture capital solutions: Ken Cooper
- Angel cofund
- Bank referrals
- Enable programmes
- Enterprise capital funds
- Enterprise finance guarantee
- Credit reference agencies
- Help to grow – growth loans
- Midlands Engine Investment Fund
- Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund
- Start-up loans
Handelsbanken names new head for northern UK arm
Ingela Forsberg is set to become the new head of Handelsbanken Northern UK.
Tesco Bank expands mortgage intermediary panel
Tesco Bank has added Sesame to its mortgage intermediary panel.
Emma integrates with Monzo
Emma Technologies has integrated with mobile bank Monzo as it makes its first Open Banking partnership.
Commercial mortgage brokers positive despite Brexit concerns
Almost four-fifths of commercial mortgage brokers (78%) said they felt confident about the lending environment in 2018, up from 72% in 2017, according to new research.
Metro Bank names new commercial banking director
Metro Bank has appointed Jamie Sim (pictured above) as a commercial banking director within the commercial real estate team.
The launch of Open Banking
The launch of Open Banking at the weekend is clearly an important milestone in opening up the UK retail banking industry to much-needed competition.
Aldermore appoints specialist vehicle valuations head
Tim Bearder has joined Aldermore as its new head of specialist vehicle valuations.
Millennial banking app secures FCA approval
Emma Technologies Ltd has received approval from the FCA.
Open Banking goes live: industry reacts
The launch of the Open Banking scheme last week has presented many opportunities, but as one bank has stated, data sharing alone will not revolutionise the market.
EIB and Bankia to allocate €800m to SMEs and mid-cap projects
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has agreed a €400m loan with Bankia which will provide finance for Spanish SMEs and mid-cap (up to 3,000 employees) projects.